“The son of Adam will not pass away from Allah until he is asked about five things: how he lived his life, and how he utilized his youth, with what means did he earn his wealth, how did he spend his wealth, and what did he do with his knowledge.” (Tirmidhi)


On the Day of Judgment Allah will question us on how we spent our money. Brothers and sisters don't let your answer to those questions go something like this:

  • "I spent my money to consume meat and dairy when I knew it would destroy the health you blessed me with as an opportunity to perform more acts of worship.”

  • “I bought meat and dairy even though I knew the resources used to farm animals could feed the world’s hungry.”

  • “I bought meat and dairy even though I knew it contributed to the climate change killing the planet.”

  • “I bought meat and dairy even though I knew the animals suffered terribly.”


Even when something is permissible it can become the better choice to leave it if the circumstances around it have changed in such a way that continuing to do that act would cause a greater harm than good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Call For Muslims To Go Plant-based

A Cow's Haiku #1